Thursday, October 6, 2011

Days 3 and 4

Day 3: We decided to keep up with the juicing. I think hubs is going to juice for breakfast and lunch and eat a healthy dinner. I'm just going to keep up with the juicing. Day 3 was easier than Day 2. The headache finally went away. I had more energy and the hunger wasn't terrible. I think I can do this for a while longer! For dinner I made a "soup" with tomatoes, one jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed), 1/4 of an onion, and a handful of cilantro. I tossed in some Tabasco for a little kick. I ate it with a spoon so it would feel more like a gazpacho. I could only eat about 1/4 of the "soup" before I was done with it. It wasn't half bad!

Day 4: I woke up not hungry. As a matter of fact, I didn't drink a juice until lunch :-/ I know that's not good, but I just wasn't hungry enough to bother with the juicer. Now when lunch time came around and I could smell my son's lunch, I went ahead and made my juice. I have discovered that I HATE juiced kale. Blech. I'm also not a fan of juiced carrots. It tastes too "earthy" like dirt. That's what it reminds me of. I do like juiced spinach and romaine. The flavor is very mild. So far, I've lost 7 pounds. I'm going to try running again tonight, but I'll probably go at a slower pace than usual. I don't want what happened on Day 2 to happen again.

A Very TMI Update:
BMs (bowel movements) are interesting when you're on a juice fast. This is one aspect of the fast I had a hard time finding info about. Well, I got my answer today. I'll just say it was unexpected and not like the usual. So, since my stomach was so upset today, I had some rice and miso soup. I haven't had the "issue" again, and I hope I don't get it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment